The good news is that thanks to advances in medical and aesthetic technology, you have many choices when it comes to rejuvenating your appearance. The bad news is that with so many treatments to choose from, it’s difficult to know which ones are right for you.
At Carl N. Williams Jr. M.D. Hand and Plastic Surgery in Las Vegas, Nevada, our care team takes time to evaluate your health, current skin condition, and aesthetic goals before creating a customized list of facial rejuvenation recommendations to help give you the look you want.
The best way to learn which aesthetic treatments are right for you is to speak to one of our expert providers, but we’re giving you a head start with this informative post about some of the best options available.
What aesthetic treatments should I consider?
The right aesthetic treatments can give you a naturally younger-looking appearance, wiping years off your face. The best options are ones that address your aesthetic goals and meet your other needs, such as costs and required recovery time.
At Carl N. Williams Jr. M.D. Hand and Plastic Surgery, we’ve curated an offering of some of the most effective facial rejuvenation available. Here’s a look at your options and which skin conditions they treat to help you decide:
- Injectable neuromodulators (Botox®, Dysport®) for wrinkles and lines on your forehead and around your eyes
- Injectable dermal fillers (Juvederm®, Restylane®) to add volume to hollow areas, fill lines and creases, soften marionette lines, and plump thinning lips
- KybellaTM injections to erase submental fat (double chin)
- Radiofrequency (RF) microneedling with Scarlet RF® and AGNES RF® to address sun damage, acne, and scars, improve skin tone and texture, and minimize lines and wrinkles
- Thermismooth® treatments to lift and tighten your skin
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) laser skin resurfacing with the Tetra CO2 laser featuring CoolPeelTM or the Fraxel® laser, the gold standards in treating fine lines, age spots, wrinkles, scars, and other skin imperfections while rejuvenating your skin
When you come to Carl N. Williams Jr. M.D. Hand and Plastic Surgery, your provider examines your skin and discusses your aesthetic goals to create a customized list of treatment recommendations to ensure you look and feel your best.
Why are CO2 laser treatments a great option?
One of our favorite facial rejuvenations is CO2 laser skin resurfacing because of its versatility and the many benefits it offers to a large number of our clients. The Tetra CO2 laser and the Fraxel laser are perfect for clients seeking naturally beautiful, refreshed skin without the downtime surgery brings but with results that last longer than injectables and fillers.
Both systems harness the power of your body’s natural healing processes that allow it to repair and rebuild your skin. The powerful CO2 lasers send beams of light energy into your skin to remove the outer layers, creating a controlled wound.
This wound signals your body’s healing system to boost collagen production. These collagen molecules bind together to create new collagen fibers that are tighter and firmer than those they replace, giving you softer, smoother skin.
CO2 laser treatments are a great option because they deliver amazing results, and they treat a wide range of skin concerns, including:
- Sun damage and age spots
- Wrinkles and lines
- Sagging skin
- Crepey skin
- Scars and textural issues
- Pigmentation problems
- Benign skin growths
After treatment, you may have redness or irritation that can take up to 10 days to resolve. Talk to your provider to ensure you’re a good candidate for laser treatments. We’re happy to answer all of your questions.
Get personalized help selecting the right aesthetic treatments for you by scheduling an appointment online or over the phone at Carl N. Williams Jr. M.D. Hand and Plastic Surgery today.